December 19th, 2014
The holidays are in full swing and you know what that means…holiday parties! Planning for a party can be daunting, but mushrooms are here to help with bite-size portions of delight that are sure to be a hit at your party. Whether it’s a spread of stuffed mushrooms or a pairing with bacon, these appetizers are quick and easy to whip up and are even great for batch cooking. Let mushrooms be your guide through holiday parties this year!
Brie and Cranberry Stuffed Mushroom Bites: Stuffed mushrooms are always a popular item on the appetizer table and the cranberries are easy to come by, too. Just swipe a few from the sauce you’re serving alongside your holiday turkey, and they will serve as a reminder of what’s to come.
Bacon-Wrapped Rosemary Mushrooms: Salty bacon, earthy herbs and mushrooms. Delicious!
Chicken, Mushroom and Tofu Dumplings: Incredibly simple to make, dumplings are one of the most versatile foods – you can serve them individually as an amuse-bouche, or heaped on a plate for everyone to share!
Rosemary and Hazelnut Stuffed Mushrooms: These buttery stuffed mushrooms get their flavor from the marriage of creamy brie and toasty hazelnuts. Rosemary and cranberries add festive layers.
December 16th, 2014
Brooke of Cheeky Kitchen adds a pop of flavor to your next holiday party with this delicious, bite-size Garlic-Bacon Mushrooms recipe.
You’ve had sausage-stuffed mushrooms and veggie stuffed mushrooms. Stuffing stuffed mushrooms and parmesan stuffed mushrooms. All delicious options, you may have thought (as I did) that I’d seen and tasted all there was to see and taste of stuffed mushrooms.
I was wrong. Like, so very wrong.
Because the best durned stuffed mushroom recipe ever has never been discovered…until now.
These Garlic-Bacon Mushroom Bites are so scrumptious, so savory, and so simply delicious that I nearly melted into a puddle of paprika-spiked butter, even as I slid that very combo into my happy mouth.
Never has a mushroom recipe been easier or more delicious than this here delight. Perfect for parties. Perfect for feeding a crowd of people you love. Perfect for adding some mushroom love to any table, this recipe is a must-make, must-try, will-crave dish that everyone will love.
Garlic-Bacon Mushroom Bites
- 24 large cremini mushrooms
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 4 thick slices peppered bacon, cooked and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pull the stems from each of the mushrooms.
- Wash and gently dry with a clean paper towel.
- Dip mushrooms in melted butter, then place mushrooms round-side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or in a large parchment-lined skillet or baking dish). Arrange the mushrooms so they’re not touching.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven until mushrooms are tender and dark brown.
- Flip each mushroom so the bottom side is up.
- In a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, egg, garlic, and bacon. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon into the center of each mushroom. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the center mixture melts and begins to bubble lightly around the edges. Cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
December 12th, 2014
Winter is here and the cold is setting in, but have no fear – mushrooms are here to help add warmth and savor to your meals. One of our favorite parts of winter cooking is celebrating the savory flavors of tomatoes when cooked with mushrooms. The hearty zest of tomatoes combined with the versatility of mushrooms ensure your meals are bold and comforting to keep you warm and cozy even on the coldest day.
Whether you are looking to make a quick meal, or planning for the week, mushrooms can be added to a variety of tomato based dishes that are sure to impress your friends, family and stomach. Let the happy marriage of mushrooms and tomatoes keep you warm and full this winter with one of these delicious dishes:
Mushroom Chipotle Chili: Let this delicious recipe simmer to perfection and experience the flavor burst that comes from the blend of mushrooms and meat.
Spaghetti with Mushroom Meatballs: Spaghetti and meatballs makes just about everyone happy. It’s a meal that’s simple and satisfying and comes together in just 20 minutes. We’ve added a little something special to our meatball recipe by blending in one of our favorite ingredients – mushrooms!
Mushroom Bolognese: A vegetarian twist on the classic meat filled Bolognese recipe. Thick and hearty, even your biggest carnivore will love this sauce. This is a great way to get more veggies into your meals.
Mushroom Ravioli With Tomato Dipping Sauce: Mushroom ravioli make a beautiful presentation for an appetizer, yet are hearty enough to make a full meal.
December 9th, 2014
Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen makes holiday brunch easy and filling with this supersized stuffed mushroom recipe using portabella caps and a meaty chopped mushroom filling!
During the month of December, it’s all about the appetizers…and cookies. Cookies are important, too. But today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite larger format appetizers that could almost double as an entree: the stuffed portabella mushroom. It’s a little meta, I’d say, mushroom on mushroom! Think of it like the mushroom version of the turducken.
These larger portabella mushrooms are stuffed with a mixture of diced white button mushrooms, seasonings like bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, Gruyere cheese and fresh Italian parsley. It’s the ideal mixture you’d want in any stuffed mushroom recipe, actually. They take under 30 minutes to whip up. And they can even be prepped ahead of time and assembled just before guests arrive, making them the ideal appetizer for your holiday season.
Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 10 white button mushrooms, diced (will equal to about 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- Parsley salad
- 1 small Italian parsley
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- In a large bowl mix together the diced white button mushrooms, garlic, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, Gruyere cheese and creme fraiche. Flip the portabella mushrooms so they face stem side up. Scoop a few tablespoons of filling into each portabella; feel free to pile it high! Top each portabella with a sprinkling of salt and few pinches of extra bread crumbs. Transfer to the oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are browned and the portabellas are tender when poked with a knife.
- Meanwhile, mix together the Italian parsley, shallots, lemon juice and olive oil. Top each baked portabella mushroom with a scoop of the Italian parsley salad and serve.
December 5th, 2014
The most wonderful time of the year is here – homes are decked with beautiful displays of lights, holiday tunes float through the air, and family and friends are gathering near. With the holidays and New Year nearly upon us, the merriment of the season is in full swing – and so are the holiday parties! Whether bringing a sharable dish to a nearby soiree or prepping for your own jolly celebration, giving the gift of mushrooms this holiday season is easy, delicious and joyous to all!
The versatility of mushrooms makes them an absolute go-to for preparing holiday party menus – they blend seamlessly into spreads no matter the style of celebration. Make stuff mushroom caps with a savory sausage and portabella blend for a festive and formal cocktail party with friends. Or prep easy and delicious mushroom blend pasta sauces for a savory spaghetti or lasagna dish perfect for an intimate Christmas dinner with family. Let the mushrooms inspire your holiday cooking with one of these delicious dishes:
Mushroom Duxelle Crostini – Impressive holiday guest with this flavorful appetizer – beautifully presented yet easy to make.
Spicy Moroccan Mushroom Meatballs with Harrisa Aioli – Serve up vibrant flavor with these poppable treats – savory, meaty mushroom texture with the perfect amount of kick from Moroccan spices.
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms – Make easy, bite-sized appetizers with these delicious sausage-stuffed mushrooms – baked to perfection and ideal for holiday entertaining.
Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Lasagna – This effortless, hearty lasagna recipe can be served for an intimate dinner with family or for a casual holiday gathering with friends.
Creamy Tetrazzini With Mushroom-Turkey Meatballs – Mushroom-turkey meatballs lend flavor and textural nuance to creamy tetrazzini – a shareable, filling dish the whole family will enjoy!