Put away the casserole dish. Gaby from What’s Gaby Cooking is feeling spring fever with her latest recipe for Pan-Roasted Mushroom Salad. Discover her recipe below.
If you follow along on Instagram, you’ll know that I’m totally obsessed with mushrooms. I literally can’t get enough! You’ll also know that I’ve recently been in Florida visiting my grandparents, and I stole one of their pans. I couldn’t help it, it was copper, gorgeous, and large and it needed to be in my life. I guess I didn’t really steal it, because I asked first, but needless to say it’s very happy in its new home.
Since then, I’ve been making an effort to cook with it, and pan-roasting just about every ingredient has been on the agenda. This Garlic Roasted Mushroom Salad has made frequent appearances and seriously couldn’t be more delicious or simple! It’s a one-pot side dish made up of roasted mushrooms that are doused in really good quality olive oil, plenty of garlic, kosher salt and pepper and then topped with arugula once it’s cooked! How easy is that? Toss it all together before you serve and it’s a side dish/salad all in one!
Pan Roasted Mushroom Salad
- 16 ounces crimini mushrooms, cleaned and stem removed
- 4 tablespoons high quality olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula
- 2 lemon slices
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and wait for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring very infrequently for 10-12 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- At the last minute, add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 60 seconds until the garlic is fragrant.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the mushrooms cool for about 5 minutes before adding in the arugula. Once the arugula has been added, toss everything so the greens are coated in the garlic olive oil mixture and serve immediately. Add the juice of a few lemon slices for an extra zip.