Robyn from Add a Pinch shares a cheesy-good mushroom quesadilla recipe perfect for a quick after school snack or dinner for the family.
Being able to make a nutritious, delicious meal is always a priority and now with busy back-to-school schedules kicking up, making those meals quickly becomes important as well.
This easy mushroom and chicken quesadilla recipe is one that the whole family will enjoy, making it a win-win for busy weeknights! I like to cook the chicken ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for use throughout the week in recipes like this one. However, you can easily just omit the chicken, if you prefer, for a fast and fabulous mushroom quesadilla!
Here’s this simple Mushroom and Chicken Quesadilla Recipe. I think your family will love it!
Mushroom and Chicken Quesadilla
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint sliced Portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 4 (10-inch) corn or flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package pepper jack or mozzarella cheese, grated
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and chicken and sauté until chicken is heated through and mushrooms and onions have become tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove ingredients from skillet and pour into a bowl for use in preparing quesadillas. Carefully wipe out skillet with a towel.
- Add butter or olive oil to skillet, over medium heat.
- Add one tortilla to the skillet, top with one-fourth of the following: cheese, mushroom, onion and chicken mixture.
- Cook until cheese begins to melt and tortilla begins to brown on the underside.
- Fold tortilla over to close. Remove from skillet and serve warm.