Robyn from Add a Pinch shares a delicious family meal that takes less than 30 minutes from fridge to table.
Pasta recipes are always one of my family’s favorite dishes and thankfully this cheesy mushroom sausage pasta recipe couldn’t be simpler to make. This is a pasta recipe that no one would ever guess was so quick and easy from tasting it!
Easily adaptable to your family’s palate, you can turn up or dial down the amount of spice in this dish based on the sausage that you cook with.
Once you cook mushrooms and sausage together you won’t want to look back. Portabellas are a great pairing to add a bit of heartiness and umami to any meal. Plus, they add a serving of veggies.
I hope your family enjoys this dish as much as mine does!
Cheesy Mushroom Sausage Pasta Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pint portabella mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with peppers
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces twirl, ribbon, or elbow pasta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, optional
- Add olive oil and butter to a large, 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and mushrooms and cook until sausage has just begun to turn brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock and heavy cream.
- Add pasta and stir to make sure well-combined. Cover and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, salt and pepper and fresh parsley and serve warm.