We’re all familiar with a guide to food pairings for every meal and occasion. Whether it’s wine, chocolate, cheese or produce, there’s always a perfect pairing option. With mushrooms’ natural versatility, variety and distinct qualities, they’re suited to blend into any meal. Take a look at a few of our favorite pairings below to make the most of every fungi variety.
Mushrooms and Eggs
Every variety of mushrooms pairs well with eggs, and a hearty portabella can even serve as a replacement for bread in a classic eggs benedict. Not only is this a delicious pairing, but a great way to start your day with Vitamin D.
- Sherried Mushrooms and Chorizo with Fried Egg
- Herbed Spinach Quiche Portabella Caps
- Roasted Portabella Eggs Benedict
- Mushroom Breakfast Burrito
Portabellas are well-known as a meatless option for a juicy burger, however, even finely chopped white button, crimini or shitakes can make a tasty addition to a burger. Blend the finely chopped mushrooms with your favorite burger base (ground turkey, chicken or beef).
- Mushroom Meatball Subs
- Mushroom Burger Wrap
- Mushroom Steak Fajitas
- Chef Scott Samuel’s Roasted Mushroom Base and Mushroom Burgers via New York Times
Mushrooms and Leafy Greens
Salads are not the only way to get in your greens. From pizza to pasta and stir-fries, there are plenty of ways to add a touch of color to your day.
- Jamaican Jerk Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
- Beef, Shiitake, and Snow Pea Stir Fry
- Sautéed Mushroom, Spinach and Roasted Red Pepper Wrap
- Grilled Mushroom Medley Pizzas ( Pictured Above)
What’s your favorite mushroom pairing?