Meal planning is a process that starts long before you step into the kitchen. Figuring out what’s in season, what everyone in your family wants to eat, and what won’t go to waste sitting in the refrigerator are all questions to ask before you even begin preparing a meal. With spring weather finally melting the cold veil of winter, it’s time to keep meals fresh, simple and delicious.Mushrooms are a valued ingredient all year long, but when it comes to spring menu planning they’re the perfect resource to turn any meal into a gourmet treat. Take a look at our suggestions below or visit our featured recipe tab with six recipes that are sure to put a spring in your step this month.
- They add a meaty and hearty texture to dishes, while keeping calories low. Allows you to get the flavors you love without ruining your healthy eating plans for summer.
- They’re a natural addition to classic spring meals, from stir fry to salads, such as the Farmers Market Mushroom Salad featured above.
- Stuffed mushrooms provide the perfect base for spring flavors, herbs and a variety of fillings, making them a delectable go-to for Sunday brunch.
- April showers mean you might not be getting Vitamin D from the sun’s rays. Enjoy a healthy duo of mushrooms and eggs to get your natural dose of Vitamin D for the day.
- Their umami benefits bring a burst of flavor to any meatless or blended meal.
How are you incorporating mushrooms into your meals this spring?