Gaby from What’s Gaby Cooking makes weeknight dinner prep look easy with a rich mushroom and chicken blend pasta ready in 20 minutes or less.
It’s Mushroom Month and I am pretty pumped about it. Since becoming obsessed with mushrooms a few years back during culinary school, well, I can’t be stopped. It’s always time for mushrooms and this Mushroom and Chicken Parmesan Pasta is the perfect weeknight meal!
Finely diced mushrooms are mixed with ground chicken to make for a totally easy and filling meal that will rock your world!! Plus the combination of meat and mushrooms is bumping up your protein and vegetable intake, so it’s really a win-win situation!
Meat + Mushrooms + a whole lotta pasta! You guys are absolutely going to love this one.
Mushroom and Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 10 ounces dry spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound crimini or baby bella mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, chicken, salt, and pepper and cook until the chicken is fully done.
- Spoon off and discard any fat. Add the tomatoes and their juices and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in half of the Parmesan. Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes
- Add the sauce to the pasta and toss. Divide among plates and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and the chives.