Paula from Bellalimento shares a juicy recipe for Peach Portabella burgers that bring a delightful pairing of sweet and savory to your next summer meal.
These grilled mushroom and peach sliders are perfect for summer. They’re light bright and juicy. Yes things can be juicy and even meaty without having actual meat in them. Don’t believe us?! Well then, you’ll just have to try these for yourself. We’re swapping out the meat and replacing them with mushrooms. Big beautiful Portabella mushrooms. We like to call it swapability. Have you heard of this? It’s exactly what you think it might be, swapping out one thing for another. In this case its mushrooms for meat, but it can also be the process of replacing a portion of meat in a burger with finely chopped mushrooms, giving the meat lovers in your family the best of both worlds.
The Mushroom Channel is celebrating a summer of mushrooms with a “Swap It or Top It” recipe contest. Whether you blend, top or swap your burger with mushrooms, there are plenty of options to amp up the creativity. The combination of peaches and mushrooms in this dish provides a great foundation for the MyPlate category, which requires a burger to include ingredients from the five food groups.
These portabella peach sliders are a great way to start an evening dining al fresco with friends. Go ahead and fire up the grill!
Grilled Mushroom and Peach Sliders
- 4 Portabella mushrooms – stems removed
- 1 peach – pitted, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 petite Kaiser rolls – toasted
- bean sprouts
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- balsamic cream – optional
- Heat grill pan over medium heat.
- Place mushrooms and peaches onto grill. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook peaches until grill marks appear and mushrooms until softened. Turning as necessary.
- To assemble: Cover bottom of Kaiser roll with bean sprouts. Top with mozzarella, mushroom and peach slices. Drizzle with balsamic cream.