Paula from Bell’ Alimento shares a quick and delicious appetizer recipe that is sure to wow party guess at your next gathering.
These sautéed mushroom and asparagus puffs might just be your new favorite appetizer. They work for the simplest or the swankiest meal you could be serving. The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled if you’re serving a large party. It only takes one pan to pull these together and they come together in 30 minutes. How’s that for a multi-purpose appetizer.
You can use any variety of fresh mushrooms that you might have on hand. If you want to up the flavor sensation use a mixture of fresh mushrooms. It’s your party.
Sautéed Mushroom Asparagus Puffs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
• 1 sheet puff pastry – thawed
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 shallot – minced
• 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms – sliced
• 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
• kosher salt/black pepper
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 1/2 bunch fresh asparagus – trimmed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Using a pizza cutter (or the like) cut puff pastry into 6 equal portions. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Set aside.
3. Into a sauté pan heat butter and shallot oven medium heat. Add mushrooms, thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Using a slotted spoon, equally divide mushrooms between puff pastry portions.
5. To sauté pan add wine and asparagus. Cook until asparagus is tender. Equally divide asparagus been puff pastry portions.
6. Bake for approximately 20 minute OR until puff pastry is golden and cooked through.