Kristen from Dine and Dish shares a recipe for Marinated Grilled Mushrooms that proves the most gourmet meal can be served right in your own home.
When my husband and I first graduated college and got our first jobs, we would live for pay day. Like most new grads, we didn’t have a lot of extra cash so going out to eat then was really special. Once a month on pay day, we would head out to our favorite steak house and enjoy a nice dinner out. Yes, we were excited about a nice, juicy steak but the one thing we would always splurge on was a side of mushrooms.
The mushrooms at our favorite steak house were grilled and were cooked in the most flavorful marinade… it was such a treat and I always knew my husband loved me because he’d always let me have the last one.
Now that we’ve grown and are a little more experienced, our favorite restaurant / steak house is at home. As two people who love to cook, we’ve discovered it’s much more enjoyable to have a nice meal in and to be able to cook what we want and how we want it cooked. One thing I have missed from our monthly date nights out were those amazing marinated grilled mushrooms! Until now…
These marinated mushrooms can be cooked on the grill in a foil packet or can be sautéed on the stove top. This recipe is a great for a side dish to steak, chicken, fish… or even as an appetizer before a meal. Leftovers could even be diced up and blended into your favorite burger, taco or pizza. Simple, delicious and worth the splurge… I hope you’ll enjoy our Marinated Grilled Mushroom recipe!
Marinated Grilled Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon butter, diced
- 1 8oz packaged fresh whole mushrooms, cleaned and patted dry
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh Romano cheese, grated
- Whisk together soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a medium bowl. Add mushrooms and stir around. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a large piece of foil by spraying with cooking spray. Add diced butter.
- Remove marinated mushrooms from the bowl with a slotted spoon. Place mushrooms in the foil and fold the packet up and seal tightly.
- Grill over medium high heat, turning the foil packet twice, for 7-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Carefully remove from foil packet and top the mushrooms with grated Romano cheese. Serve warm as an appetizer or side dish.
- For stovetop method, simply sauté marinated mushrooms in melted butter for 7-10 minutes over medium high heat.