Sugar and spice, and everything nice tops the list of holiday essentials, but we’re certain that mushrooms are the true hero of the holiday season. From small bites to a full feast, mushrooms are the perfect ingredient for every occasion. If you’re not convinced take a look at our top ten reasons to enjoy mushrooms for the holidays.
1) They’re always in season. From the Fourth of July to New Year’s Eve, mushrooms are always fresh and available.
2) Your guests will never know they are eating a “healthy” meatball appetizer when you replace a portion of ground meat with finely chopped mushrooms. Try these Crimini and Pork meatballs from our featured recipe tab. (Pictured Above)
3) They are a natural source of Vitamin D, a perfect way to get your daily dose as the sun sets early.
4) From the hearty portabella to the savory shiitake, there is always a variety to choose from. Check out our Variety Pinterest board to learn more!
6) Portabella mushrooms make a great canvas for leftovers. Try these Portabella Pizettes that combine a variety of holiday flavors.
7) Not a lot of time to spend in the kitchen before guests arrive? These No-Bake Hummus Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer to whip up in minutes.
8) This Mushroom Lasagna from What’s Gaby Cooking will have guests talking for days after the party.
9) There is never a shortage of mushroom recipes. We have more than 1,000 recipe ideas on our Pinterest boards.
10) They are healthy, versatile and delicious. What more do you need?