In between busy work schedules, rushing the kids to after-school activities, and figuring out what’s for dinner, we all need an hour to sit back, relax and enjoy some delightful conversation. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we’re sharing our support the “social” way with a mushroom-filled Foodies’ Night In Twitter party on Monday, October 15 at 4PM CT. Featuring delicious recipes from City of Hope and Cooking with Caitlin and engaging conversation from mushroom enthusiasts across the country, this is a party you won’t want to miss. In case you’re not convinced, here are five more reasons you should tune in to an Umami filled #FNIChat this Monday.
1) It’s co-hosted by four amazing food bloggers, who know how to celebrate mushrooms in many a meal. Take a look at how they’ve been cooking up fresh mushrooms recently:
- Mushrooms, Marvelous Mushrooms – @PrimlaniKitchen
- Asparagus & Mushroom Pasta Recipe – @HungryGoddess
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach and Feta – @reneedobbs
- Mushrooms: The Story Behind this Fungi – @CoryanneEttiene
2) Discover new recipe ideas that will wow your taste buds. Mushroom Gyro Burger, anyone?
3) You’ll find healthy new ways to incorporate mushrooms into all of your meals.
4) Find out why City of Hope refers to mushrooms as a SUPER FOOD.
5) It’s an hour and a half completely dedicated to our favorite fungi. What better reason could there be for an evening chat!
If you need to gather mushroom inspiration before the party, head to your local grocery store where you’ll find mushrooms sporting PINK tills. Then, prepare a tasty recipe from our collaborative “Mushrooms for Hope” Pinterest board.
Hope to see you Monday!