Kristen from Dine and Dish preps you for the upcoming holidays with a simple stuffed mushroom recipe perfect for entertaining from Thanksgiving to New Years.
As much as we may hate to admit that time is really going by this swiftly, the holiday season is officially underway. From upcoming Thanksgiving dinners to holiday parties filling up the calendar, it’s the season to let your culinary skills shine.
One of my favorite recipes to make for any occasion is stuffed mushrooms. The goodness of fresh, tender mushrooms stuffed to perfection is a classic that can be adapted from something fairly simple to a more elaborate dish based on what you’re in the mood for.
This stuffed mushroom recipe is a simple recipe to throw together when you are tasked with bringing an appetizer to one of the many parties this holiday season. Enjoy!
Simple Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 lb. large fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 dash Sriracha or hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop.
3. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add bacon, chopped mushroom stems, onion, and garlic and sauté until onions are tender. Drain.
4. Place all ingredients, except the mushroom caps, in a bowl and stir until well combined.
5. Spoon mixture into each mushroom cap, stuffing full.
6. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly brown on top and mushrooms are tender to touch and heated all the way through.
7. Best if served warm.