An American favorite, burgers have always been a go to for any outdoor party due to the ease with which they are customized to all tastes and dietary preferences. As you’re firing up the grill this Memorial Day weekend for cookouts with family and friends, make sure you have some extra “fun guys” at the party. Mushrooms are the perfect partner for your favorite burgers. Whether you’re blending, swapping or topping a grilled-to-perfection patty, mushrooms are a game changer for the grill. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite takes on this classic to help you spice up the start to summer:
- Inside Out Mushroom Burger – blending finely chopped mushrooms with ground beef in the patty makes for a juicy and decadent burger, and better yet, stretches your meat portions so you can serve more hungry mouths
- Classic Cheeseburger– for a lighter approach, swap out a portion of the meat for finely chopped mushrooms to reduce calorie, fat and sodium intake without compromising flavor
- Mini Mushroom Burgers – kid-friendly and perfect for tiny hands, adorable portabella burgers are small on size, but big on savory taste
- Portabella and Halloumi “Burgers” – a gluten-free twist on a staple, using meaty portabellas as buns cuts the wheat and ramps up flavor
- Grilled Portobello Burger with Sundried Tomato Aioli – the savory aioli that tops this burger adds a special touch to a meatless dish
- Grilled Mushroom and Peach Sliders – juicy summer peaches add a new flavor to a portabella burger, resulting in a delightful pairing of sweet and savory
What is your favorite way to personalize your burger?