With the biggest food holiday of the year quickly approaching, it’s easy to get caught up in planning for the main event. Between thawing, prepping, and stuffing a turkey, accenting with a variety of side dishes and picking the perfect pie flavors for your family, a host’s holiday checklist is never-ending! Luckily, quick appetizers are a simple way to add a special touch to the holiday meal.
We’ve rounded up our favorite quick appetizers perfect for sharing with your guests before digging into the main event. Holidays bring savory, decadent recipes to center stage and the umami-rich flavors in mushrooms make them a perfect way to prep your guests’ palate for Thanksgiving meal to come without adding intricate prep work to your schedule. Looking to save some time the day of? Whip up parts of the recipe ahead of time to make the day-of assembly of these recipes effortless:
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms – bite sized and baked to perfection, these tasty bites are stuffed with an earthy blend of sausage and chopped portabellas
- No-Bake Hummus Stuffed Mushrooms – coming together easily, the blend of flavors in this vegan and gluten-free appetizer are sure to please any holiday guest
- Mushroom Stuffed Pears with Gorgonzola – change up the traditional holiday flavors and put a twist on the ever-popular stuffed mushroom appetizer by stuffing fresh pears with a flavorful combo of gorgonzola and finely chopped mushrooms
- Mushroom Pine Nut Pinwheels – puff pastry combined with a decadent mix of mushrooms, pine nuts and parmesan cheese make for an appetizer that can be made in advance and warmed in the oven before guests arrive
- Caramelized Mushroom & Shallot Bruschetta – a spin on an Italian classic, ramp up a traditional passed appetizer with the bold flavor a combination goat cheese and mushrooms provide
- Rosemary and Hazelnut Stuffed Mushrooms – a seasonal mix of rosemary, brie and toasty hazelnuts provide your party with a creamy, festive taste
What mushroom-filled recipe is your go to for a quick and savory appetizer?