Jennifer of Savory Simple shares a mouthwatering combination of flavors with this Grilled Portabella, Andouille and Sweet Potato Tacos recipe perfect for grilling season.
Grilling season is finally upon us! Grilling outdoors is one of my absolute favorite things about warm weather months. I can sear ingredients without setting off the smoke alarm and it’s also a great excuse to have friends over for dinner and drinks on the back porch. It’s what spring and summer are all about.
I love making grilled tacos. The charred ingredients add so much flavor and even if the filling is prepared in advance, corn tortillas can be thrown on the grill just before serving to heat things up. This recipe for grilled portabella, andouille and sweet potato tacos are spicy, sweet and a perfect way to enjoy the summer season.
Grilled Portabella, Andouille and Sweet Potato Tacos
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 8 tacos
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps, wiped clean
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 2 cooked smoked andouille sausage links
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from one lime
- salt and pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- diced jalapeños
- cotija cheese
- pico de gallo
- Scrape the gills from the inside of the portabella caps and discard. Place the mushrooms, sweet potatoes and sausage links in a large reseal bag along with the olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Heat a grill to medium, approximately 350 degrees F. Place the mushrooms, sweet potatoes and sausage on the grill and cover. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip everything and cook for another 5 minutes. Check one of the sweet potato slices to make sure they’re cooked through.
- Once the ingredients have cooled, dice everything evenly and toss with the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, heat the corn tortillas on the grill for approximately 30 seconds (use high heat if grill marks are desired).
- Add the filling to each taco and serve with optional toppings.