Erin Chase from $5 Dinners shares a recipe for a blended meat and veggie kebab that’s perfect for a night of summer entertaining.
There’s just something about outdoor dining. It’s the smell of the grill in the air, the soft breeze, the delicious food, and of course, the pleasure of company and sharing a meal together with family and friends.
While we certainly enjoy entertaining family and friends indoors, we really love having people over and getting to spend the evening on the back deck, relaxing and chatting the evening away. I can tell you one of the main reasons is that our very squirrely boys can run and roam throughout the dinner and burn off all the energy they desire with their friends in the backyard.
With the meat and mushrooms blended together on the skewer and soaked in balsamic vinegar, these Balsamic Beef & Mushroom Kebabs are the perfect meal for an evening of entertaining on the back deck!
- About 1 pound stew beef or beef roast cut into kebab chunks
- 8 oz. whole baby bella mushrooms, washed
- 2 small zucchini, cut into kebab chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into kebab chunks
- Salt and pepper
- About ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Add the beef pieces, whole mushrooms, zucchini chunks and red onion chunks onto metal or wooden skewers. Season with salt and pepper, and then drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top.
- Let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, rotating the kebabs about every 15 minutes so each side has time to soak up some of the balsamic vinegar.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating every few minutes. Cook time may vary, depending on the size of the beef pieces. Grill until the beef is cooked through.
- Serve Balsamic Beef & Mushroom Kebabs with a side of French bread.