Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and for so many reasons it’s hard to fit everything moms do into a one day celebration. Since mom is always saying to eat your veggies, we’re pretty certain that nothing would please her more than being served a home cooked meal (made by someone else), with the versatile mushroom as a star ingredient. With so many meal options that lend themselves to a handful of mushrooms you can easily spoil mom all weekend long.
Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or a trained foodie, we have a recipe that will put a smile on your mom’s face, as well as everyone else around the table.
- Savory Mushroom Meat Hand Pies – Put a spin on “pie” for your celebration with a savory version that blends together mushrooms and meat. Plus, with pre-made pie crust this dish can be whipped up in no time at all.
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms – When you can’t decide what to share as an appetizer, combine two into one dish. Spinach artichoke stuffed mushrooms are the perfect bite-sized treat.
- Mushroom, Potato and Chorizo Tacos – From breakfast to dinner, a bit of chorizo blended with mushrooms’ natural umami qualities will hit just the right spice.
- Caramelized Mushroom Shallot Bruschetta – Simple and elegant is the name of the game with this bruschetta dish that will make you look like a top chef in your mom’s eyes.
- Spaghetti Bolognese – Nothing says “wow” more than a homemade pasta sauce. This recipe puts a spin on the classic meat sauce by replacing a portion of ground beef with finely chopped sautéed mushrooms.
The celebration of mom doesn’t have to end here. We also have a full Pinterest board of recipes for mom. So skip the flowers this year and wow mom with a bouquet of mushrooms!