When cold weather strikes, images of gooey mac and cheese, hearty sandwiches and creamy soup top the list of meal choices. In between the decadence, we all want to strike a healthy meal balance. When it comes to serving a great meal, The Mushrooom Channel believes a line doesn’t have to be drawn between what tastes good and what’s good for you. When you add mushrooms to the plate, you can have the best of both worlds in one serving. Check out our round up of recipes from around the web that are perfect for a cozy fall night in.
- Creamy Mushroom and 3 Bean Soup – This meatless soup from Dine and Dish is filled with heartiness from the combo of mushrooms and beans that you won’t feel guilty about grabbing a second bowl.
- Baked Spaghetti with Mushrooms – Nothing screams pasta night more than baked spaghetti in the oven. This version from Ingredients,Inc. keeps the calories in check with a mushroom and meat blend for the filling.
- Skillet Mushroom Lasagna – A skillet can be used for more than cornbread this fall. Whip up this mushroom lasagna from Savory Simple that can be served in the same dish you bake it in.
- Arborio and Mushroom Fall Side Dish – Even a side dish can be a star of the meal, when it’s loaded with honey crisp apples and mushrooms in this cozy dish from $5 dinners.
- Hummus Stuffed Mushrooms – Football Sunday is all about snacks. Combine two popular snacks into one with this recipe for Hummus Stuffed Mushrooms via Cheeky Kitchen.
- Mushroom Meatball Parmigana Sliders – Whether it’s served as an app or entrée, this dish replaces a portion of meat with finely chopped mushrooms directly in the patty, for a dish that even your heartiest meat eaters will love.
- Butternut Squash Pasta with Caramelized Sage Mushrooms – Mushrooms caramelized with sage sound like a treat in their own right, but the addition of butternut squash turns it a perfectly balanced fall meal via Running to the Kitchen.
- Penne with Mushrooms and Turkey Sausage – Mushrooms and Turkey sausage hit just the right note in this simple pasta that’s perfect for a weeknight meal.
- Meatball Stuffed Mushrooms – We couldn’t help but share our featured recipe from Tuesday one more time. This recipe from Cheeky Kitchen can be served as an appetizer or entrée.
Cheers to a healthy comfort food season!