It’s National Egg Salad Week, but we’re pretty sure this mushroom egg salad from Bell’alimento will become a new every day staple.
This is egg salad like you’ve probably never had it before. This classic American comfort food gets a face lift with the addition of crispy sautéed mushrooms and shallots.
The mushrooms adds richness and texture and will have you wondering why you never tried this before.
You’ll be hard pressed to go back to your regular recipe once you’ve had a bite of this!
Experiment with different types of fresh mushrooms and breads to create an egg salad sandwich that is uniquely yours.
Mushroom Egg Salad
Yield 2 Sandwiches
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces baby portabellas or crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 shallot – minced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 6 hardboiled eggs – peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Ciabatta rolls – toasted
- Into a small sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and cook until softened and browned. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Into a medium bowl add: eggs, mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Using a fork press down with tines until eggs are crushed to desired size.
- Add mushroom mixture. Stir to combine. Check for seasoning, adjust if necessary. If you like additional mayonnaise, add to taste.
- Divide egg salad between Ciabatta rolls.