As spring takes hold of the weather forecast, it also makes its way to the kitchen. Warmer weather and longer days mean starting your day by opting for a fresher take on the meal that keeps you going – breakfast! This weekend’s Easter holiday offers an opportunity to step away from the egg dye and celebrate eggs in combination with our favorite, tasty mushrooms.
Whether you’re rising before the sun and fueling for an egg hunt or savoring a bright Easter brunch, the combination of mushrooms and eggs fits perfectly into your Easter wake-up. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite recipes featuring the tasty combo courtesy of the American Egg Board:
- Tuscan Garden Breakfast Flatbread – dressed in a classic tomato pesto and overflowing with scrambled eggs, crimini mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes, spinach, bacon and parmesan cheese, this decadent take on breakfast gives you something to look forward to in the morning.
- Green Curry Egg Sandwich – start your day with a vegetarian twist on a lunch classic. This Green Curry Egg Sandwich boasts a mix of scrambled eggs, sweet peppers, mushrooms and onions sautéed in green curry sauce and stuffed in Naan bread with spicy radish sprouts.
- Steakhouse Breakfast – for those seeking a hearty breakfast, look no further than the extra meaty combo of mushrooms, steak and a fried egg all served on Asiago Cheese Foccacia.
- Huevos Rancheros with Portabella – mix up a weekend go-to by topping a roasted portabella cap with cumin scrambled eggs, served with avocado, Ranchero sauce and corn tortilla crumbles.
- Breakfast Mash Up (Breakfast Poutine) – a new way to serve up a northern favorite, Breakfast Poutine features scrambled eggs atop French fries, sautéed mushrooms, cheese curds and turkey sausage crumbles also becomes a tasty take on brinner.
Now that the eggs are dyed and baskets prepared, which egg combo are you planning to try on Easter morning?